Basis period reform & MTD for income tax

Should basis period reforms get the green light, it will impact on LLPs, partnerships, and GP practices who don’t operate to year-ends of 31 March or 5 April.

Construction industry scheme: 4 changes

A brief overview of the construction industry scheme (CIS), including how to register, four new changes for 2021/22, and penalties for non-compliance.

Changes to VAT interest & penalties regimes

Changes to the penalty and interest regimes will apply to VAT returns for accounting periods beginning on or after 1 April 2022. Find out what you need to know.

Get your 2020/21 tax returns in early

You don’t have to wait until on or before midnight on 31 January 2022 to file your 2020/21 tax return. If you have accurate records, get started today.

Private-sector IR35 reforms to finally go live

The off-payroll rules in the private sector are changing. From 6 April 2021, IR35 rules will extend to the private sector, affecting medium and large-sized organisations.

What income tax might you pay in 2021/22?

Some of the income tax rates and bands in Scotland for 2021/22 should rise 0.5% in line with the September 2020 CPI rate of inflation. What might you pay?

Employee benefits-in-kind during COVID

How have BIKs changed in response to the coronavirus pandemic, how are they taxed and how do you report them in the most challenging of years?


Contact us for a free consultation